As the world battles the spread of COVID-19, many people, communities, and nonprofits are facing immense hardship. In response, the Dragons Fund, our nonprofit partner organization, created the Community Relief Fund to support communities that are particularly vulnerable to the impacts of COVID-19 during this unprecedented pause of travel and tourism.
- Indonesia: A $525 grant in Yogyakarta provided essential meal kits to 39 families, provided 25 hazmat suits to public health workers, and built a public handwashing station
- India: A $1000 grant to Aajeevika Bureau, an Indian nonprofit working on the front lines of the migrant crisis
- Senegal: A $700 grant provided food supplies to vulnerable households in seven communities (Dene, Ndioukhane, Yoff, Mouit, Temanto Samba, Dindefelo, and Niodior) and a $500 grant to purchase personal protective equipment for medical workers
- Bolivia: Two grants totaling $1,300 to provide critical food supplies to households in El Alto, Tiquipaya, and Cochabamba
- Cambodia: A $500 grant to Women’s Resource Center, a local organization providing emergency food, hygiene products, and medicine to those in need of support
- Nepal: A $500 grant provided essential food packages to 26 families in Panauti (rice, lentils, oil, sugar, tea, soap, beaten rice, fried lentils, soy nuggets, salt)
- Peru: A $500 grant to Sacred Valley Health, a local organization that supports and trains community health workers
Additional project proposals are underway.