Educator Scholarships & Financial Aid
Inspiring educators to engage their students in critical global issues.
Thank you for your interest in joining a Dragons Educator Course!
Dragons offers all Educator Courses as a not-for-profit enterprise and our ability to offer scholarships and financial assistance is dependent on the number of confirmed participants that sign up for each program. As a result, we may not be able to definitively respond to scholarship or financial assistance requests until closer to the start date of the program. We will be in regular communication with you and ask for your patience as we process your request. The funds you receive are provided through Dragons Foundation for Global Education, managed by the Futurity Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit.
To be considered for a Dragons scholarship, please complete the following steps:
Step 1 – Enroll on an Educator Program
Step 2 – Draft a letter that includes responses to the following:
- How will this program impact you as an educator? How will your students vicariously benefit from this experience?
- How will this program impact your home institution? What is being done at your institution to encourage and empower students to engage in experiential intercultural learning? What role do you play in this process?
- List your top 2 program choices in order of preference. We cannot guarantee a spot on your top choice, and being flexible hugely increases your chances of receiving a scholarship.
- How much financial assistance do you need? Please be honest and precise in your estimation of how much you can put towards the tuition of the program, and how much your sponsoring institution will contribute (if any). Typically, scholarship participants split the overall cost between personal, institutional, and scholarship funds.
- Is there anything else that we should know?
Step 3 – Include a copy of your most recent CV
Email responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Special Opportunity: García-Meza Scholarship
Peter and Kim Garcia-Meza are honored to support the vital work of public school classroom teachers serving underrepresented communities. The García-Meza Scholarship is funded by the Dragon’s Global Education Fund and managed by the Futurity Foundation, a not-for-profit 501c3 organization. The scholarship covers tuition, airfare, and more for one public school classroom teacher to participate on any Dragons Educator Program.
Click here for details, eligibility, and the application process.