How to Apply (College Study Abroad)
Does this sound like your type of classroom?
The Application Process
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for a College Study Abroad program.
Step 1 – Apply
- Fill out an Online Application for a college program.
- Fill out the Credit Option Form.
- Meet with your advisor and ask them to fill out the Advisor Approval Form.
- Follow up with a professor to complete the Recommendation Form. Note: If you list a recommender in the Online Application, this form is automatically emailed to the address you provide.
- Submit a copy of your transcript to email@example.com.
Step 2 – Interview
Interviews are conducted over the phone with a Dragons Staff Member. Dragons will reach out to you about scheduling this interview after you submit the Online Application. Plan for 30min – 1 hour. This is an important step in the admissions process. The four main goals of the student interview are:
- To discuss goals and aspirations for your program.
- To walk through the program itinerary and academics, allowing you to ask questions about program components.
- To assess whether the student is a good fit for Dragons.
- The interview is an opportunity for you to learn what to expect on a Dragons program, and for us to understand how to best support you.
Step 3 – Status Update
Once we receive all application materials, a completed recommendation, and conduct an interview – your application will be reviewed and you will be notified via email of our acceptance decision.
Step 4 – Submit a Deposit & Confirm Participation
Submit an $850 deposit and a Confirmation Form to hold your place on the program. This deposit is a portion of overall tuition and fees, not an additional cost. This deposit can be submitted online or by check, to:
Where There Be Dragons
741 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302 – USA
DEPOSIT REFUND POLICY
There is a $200 non-refundable application processing fee. The deposit may be submitted in advance of acceptance in order to hold a space in a program, but no longer than two weeks after an acceptance decision is communicated. If a participant goes through the application process and is not accepted, we will refund $650 dollars of the deposit.
Because our programs are small, we advise applying in advance of the deadlines. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with the following application deadlines:
- Spring terms: October 15
- Fall terms: April 15
- Summer terms: March 15
If a deadline has passed, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the possibility of a late application. Unless a program is marked as ‘closed’ on the website we can still consider applications.
Wait-listed applications must include an $850 deposit to reserve their place on the wait-list. The deposit is fully refunded if space does not become available, or if the applicant chooses to withdraw his or her application before a space becomes available.