Transfer Credits

Academic credit for Dragons’ Study Abroad and gap year programs is granted through Naropa University.

Credits are widely transferable to colleges and universities across the country, including Stanford, many Ivy League schools, and others. Because many schools require prior approval to transfer credits earned through study abroad, it is important that students meet with their international programs office and/or academic adviser prior to enrollment to ensure that Naropa credits will transfer to their home institution.

How do I set myself up for success?

  • Meet with your home institution’s Study Abroad or academic adviser prior to applying for a Dragons Study Abroad program. Determine if Dragons’ academic credits will be accepted.
  • Submit all necessary documentation, such as the Course Syllabus and Course itinerary, to your academic advisor for approval.
  • Once the overall curriculum has been approved, decide how many accredited courses you will take. Each accredited course (4 academic credits) costs $1,200 in addition to the Dragons’ program tuition. Once you have been accepted into the program, you will register for your courses online with Naropa University.
  • If you’d like to apply federal financial aid for your Dragons’ program, contact your home institution’s federal financial aid office and complete your FAFSA form for the appropriate academic year. Once you have been accepted by the Dragons Admissions Team, you will need to initiate a consortium agreement between your home institution’s financial aid office and Naropa University.
  • At the end of the semester, follow up with your academic advisor to ensure that all course paperwork has transferred from Naropa University to your home institution.

Please don’t hesitate to contact The Dragons Admissions Team should you need any additional support with your Study Abroad application. We would be more than happy to speak with your academic advisor and support you throughout the application process.

Explore College-Accredited Programs Study Abroad FAQs