How to Enroll
Does this sound like your type of adventure?
The Application Process
Follow the steps outlined below to apply for a Dragons program.
Step 1 – Apply
Fill out an online application. Submission of this application will hold your place on the program for 7 days. To confirm your place on the final student roster, submit a program deposit within the week.
- We ask you to apply to a specific summer or semester program. However, this decision is flexible throughout the application process. We will review your course choice during your interview, at which point you may move your application if it seems another program is better suited to your interests.
- Your teacher reference will receive an automatic student referral request upon submission of your application. Follow up with your teacher reference to ensure that he/she submits a recommendation on your behalf.
Step 2 – Submit a Deposit
Submit an $850 deposit to hold your place on the program. This deposit can be submitted online or by check, to:
Where There Be Dragons
3200 Carbon Place, Suite 102
Boulder, CO 80301 – USA
DEPOSIT REFUND POLICY
There is a $200 non-refundable application processing fee. The entire deposit is non-refundable after twenty-one days. If a participant goes through the application process and is not accepted, we will refund $650 dollars of the deposit.
Step 3 – Schedule an Interview
Call to schedule an interview: 800.982.9203 or 303.413.0822. In preparation for your interview please:
- Read through your program information, available in the course catalog, on our website, and on the Yak board.
- Submit a copy of the front page of your passport via email or fax, 303.413.0857, prior to your interview. This will expedite the course-planning process.
- Be prepared to provide contact information for any counselor(s) or therapist(s) that you have seen within the last two years.
Step 4 – Interview
Interviews are conducted over the phone with a Dragons Admissions Associate. Plan for 30min – 1 hour. This is an important step in the admissions process. The four main goals of the student interview are:
- To discuss goals and aspirations for your summer or semester program.
- To walk through the program itinerary, allowing you to ask questions about each program component. Next, we will assess whether or not the chosen course is the right fit for you.
- To review your medical history. This includes basic health information, allergies, dietary restrictions, and relevant medical history.
- To assess whether the student is a good fit for Dragons.
The interview is an opportunity for you to learn what to expect on a Dragons course, and for us to understand how to best support you. Therefore, it is crucial that you are honest and ask questions throughout the interview process.
Step 5 – Status Update
Applicants will be notified of their application status within 7 days of interview or when application is complete.
We admit students on a first come, first serve basis. While there is no application deadline, we often receive more applications than we are able to accept and advise applying well in advance for both summer and semester programs. We will generally notify you of your acceptance within a week of your interview. Please note that missing teacher references or counselor contact information/forms can slow down the admissions process. While we strive for timeliness, our admissions team evaluates every student application individually. We may slow down the admissions process to ensure that the selected course is an appropriate choice for the applicant; as well, that he/she is well-suited for a Dragons course.
Wait-listed applications must include an $850 deposit to reserve their place on the waitlist. The deposit is fully refunded if space does not become available, or if the applicant chooses to withdraw his or her application.